Overview[edit | edit source]
Status Effects (Buffs, Debuffs, Displacements, and Ailments) are temporary modifiers that have correspondingly negative or positive consequence. They are applied through abilities, certain weapons, or when attacked by unique creatures. They vary in longevity and effect, although most will only last as long as a single battle.
Various creatures are immune to certain status effects. In terms of player involvement, specific equipment, items, and Sanctums will grant differing immunities to their user. Certain classes or creatures also share their own thematic immunities (i.e. Skeletons resisting Bleeding).
List of Status Effects[edit | edit source]
Ailments[edit | edit source]
See also: Immunity
- Acid - Destroys a random item in a character's inventory after a few turns.
- Bleeding - Character takes 6 damage infrequently, to a max of 18 damage.
- Burning - Character takes 2 damage frequently to a max of 12 damage.
- Confused - Character takes one random action per turn. May also use one random consumable first.
- Cursed - A single stat is reduced by 25 points.
- Dazed - Character is briefly halted on the timeline.
- Death Mark - Instant death after many turns. This can only be avoided by ending the battle.
- Fleeing - Enemy will attempt to flee next turn.
- Frozen - Character takes 25% more damage.
- Poisoned - Stats reduced by 5, take 2 damage per turn.
- Scared - Character will auto flee on their next turn, or hide if they cannot flee.
- Shocked - The first slot is an automatic miss on every roll.
- Stunned - Character is temporarily halted on the timeline.
- Wet - Disables all immunities for a single character.
Buffs[edit | edit source]
- Armor Up - Temporary boost to a character's armor stat.
- Attack Up - Temporarily increases a character's attack damage.
- Evade Up - Temporary boost to a character's evasion stat.
- Resistance Up - Temporary boost to a character's resistance stat.
- Evasive - The enemy will evade anything other than a 'Perfect' roll when attacked.
- Resilient - HP cannot be reduced below 0.
- Speed Up - Temporary boost to a character's Speed stat.
Debuffs[edit | edit source]
- Armor Down - Temporarily decreases a character's armor stat.
- Attack Down - Temporarily decreases a character's attack damage.
- Evade Down - Temporarily decreases a character's evasion stat.
- Resistance Down - Temporarily decreases a character's resistance stat.
- Speed Down - Temporarily decreases a character's Speed stat.
- Entangled - Temporarily stops a character from moving up the queue on the timeline.